ARD and Record Expungement

I had ARD for a DUI years ago. I was told that my record was to be expunged upon completion of the ARD program. What can I do?

Unfortunately, in some counties in PA the expungement is not automatic upon completion of ARD and in some counties it automatic and is included in the fine. You can file a motion for expungement in the Court of Common Pleas in the county in PA in which your DUI and subsequent ARD occurred. Most people hire a lawyer for this, but you technically can do it yourself. Hiring a lawyer for this is usually better because the lawyer can make sure that the record itself is actually destroyed after the judge grants the expungement.

Labels: , , , , ,