Constructive Possession of Marijuna

Some of my friends were smoking weed. I don't smoke weed. They got busted but only one bag of weed was found on my friend. He admitted it was his. No other weed was found because it had all been smoked. Can I get charged for simple possession of marijuana?

You can't conspire to simply possess narcotics, so unless the officer finds it on you or can put it on you, i don't think they will charge you with possession unless they are trying to scare you.

If the cops try to put it on you, they would have to do that through some type of control and dominion of the pot that was not accessible to anyone else or that was really under your control.

In your question you said it was on your friend. Therefore, I can't see the cops succeeding in doing anything more than scaring you.

Labels: , , , , , ,