Follow Up to a Citizen's Arrest

My previous post on a citizen's arrest got me thinking, how could someone truly effect a citizen's arrest in Pennsylvania?

In Philadelphia County you can go to 34 South 11th Street, on the Municipal Court side of the building about file a Private Criminal Complaint. In the private criminal complain, you must state the facts of whatever happened and the person you accused may be prosecuted if you continue on with the process throughout court. The District Attorney's office may even adopt the prosecution if they feel it is warranted. Usually the private criminal complaint process doesn't go too far, but I have seen people convicted of criminal acts from a private criminal complaint.

Labels: ,